[Mailman-Users] ALLOW_FROM_IS_LIST, FROM_IS_LIST and http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17891458

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jul 14 03:01:26 CEST 2014

On 07/13/2014 05:48 PM, Steven Owens wrote:

> To be clear, are you saying that the from_is_list will appear as soon
> as you save the changed copy of mm_cfg-py, regardless of whether you
> restart mailman or not?

Yes, I'm saying that and that you will be able to set from_is_list via
the web GUI as soon as you have updated mm_cfg.py with
"ALLOW_FROM_IS_LIST = Yes", but you still have to restart Mailman before
the setting becomes effective.

The reason for this is the code which processes the from_is_list setting
also checks the ALLOW_FROM_IS_LIST setting and this code is in a handler
which runs as part of IncomingRunner which is a persistent process and
which won't re-import mm_cfg unless Mailman is restarted, but the web
admin CGI is a new process invoked by the web server for each
interaction, so it always gets the current mm_cfg.