[Mailman-Users] unable to access admin interface
Stephen J. Turnbull
stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jul 22 05:29:18 CEST 2014
Chad Rebuck writes:
> I'm not able to access the admin interface. I don't reach the page
> where I can enter my admin password. The mailman error log doesn't
> show anything.
> I'm running mailman 2.1.18-1.
> This message appears:
> Gateway Timeout
> The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or
This error doesn't indicate a Mailman problem, but rather a network or
webserver problem. A timeout indicates that the gateway couldn't
contact the webserver at all (which is not part of Mailman, but a
completely separate package). To check:
1. Are you using the correct URL (including port; maybe your Mailman
is configured to use https: rather than http: or something like
2. Is there a webserver running on the Mailman host?
3. Is it listening to the port you're using (probably 80 = http, but
possibly 443 = https or even something else)?
4. Is there a firewall protecting port 80 (or 443 if you're using
https: URLs) between your gateway (proxy server) and the Mailman
5. If there is a webserver running, check that it it configured to
provide CGI services (lack of CGI should not result in a network
timeout, but rather a 404 No Such Page from the webserver, or
perhaps a permission failure error -- but you never know). Still,
I'd bet on #2 or #3 here.
More information about the Mailman-Users