[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: unable to access admin interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 23 18:05:52 CEST 2014

On 07/23/2014 08:39 AM, Chad Rebuck wrote:

> I stopped mailman, confirmed no python processes exist, and deleted all
> files from the locks dir.  I could access the admin page, but not the
> pending moderator requests.
>
> [root at pogo locks]# ll
> total 8.0K
> -rw-rw-r-- 2 http mailman 52 Jul 23  2014 a2-16v-list.lock
> -rw-rw-r-- 2 http mailman 52 Jul 23  2014 a2-16v-list.lock.pogo.25650.0
> [root at pogo locks]#

First, ignore my prior remark about time stamps in the future. This is
expected. It is the way locking determines when a lock expires.

What happens if you do something like the above, but before the CGI
times out you look at the locks and then look for the PID?

I.e., if you looked at the locks and saw the above, do

ps -fww 25650

to see some detail about the process that has the lock while it's still
there.

It appears that the CGI is not responding for some other reason and when
killed by the web server, it leaves the list locked. So locked lists are
not the cause of the problem, but another symptom of the problem
whatever that might be.