[Mailman-Users] Erroneous results with Find_member

Kyle Vernon k.vernon at ntta.com
Tue Jul 29 16:50:57 CEST 2014

This probably isn't the forum for questions, and I've submitted a request to join the user mailing list, however, I'm in a bit of a time pinch and would like to know if you guys have seen this before and if so, what might be the cause.

When I run the find_members script natively on the mailman box I get this result:
root at mbox1:/opt/mailman/bin# ./find_member -w k.vernon at ntta.com<mailto:k.vernon at ntta.com>
k.vernon at ntta.com<mailto:k.vernon at ntta.com> found in:
     billinglist
     dbdev2-notice (as owner)
     it_storage
     it_storage (as owner)
     san_notify (as owner)
     itlist
     dbdev1-notice (as owner)
     db1-notice (as owner)
     ccrb
     mailman
     mailman (as owner)
     nttadallas
     db2-notice (as owner)
     peoplesoftlist
     shap-notice
     shap-notice (as owner)
     it_unix
     it_unix (as owner)
     hardwaremaint
     scan_results
     db3-notice (as owner)
     it_dns
     it_dns (as owner)
     it_server (as owner)
     ntta-corporate
     it_backup
     it_backup (as owner)
     page_unix (as owner)
     ilom_alerts
     ilom_alerts (as owner)
     zmanda
     zmanda (as owner)

But when I run it from inside a script, I get totally different results:

##                   NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE                        ##
##           This part of script produces erroneous             ##
##                  results.  Do NOT trust                      ##

#SSH to mbox1 and run /opt/mailman/bin/find_member

USERNAME=kyle
HOST=mbox1.it.ntta.com
SCRIPT="op mailmanscripts /opt/mailman/bin/find_member -w ${2} "
ssh -o StrictHostkeyChecking=no -l ${USERNAME} ${HOST} "${SCRIPT}"

cas-webomerrors at verio.net<mailto:cas-webomerrors at verio.net> found in:
     webomusers
k.vernon at ntta.com<mailto:k.vernon at ntta.com> found in:
     ccrb
     it_storage
     mailman
     ntta-corporate
     shap-notice
     it_backup
     it_unix
     hardwaremaint
     billinglist
     nttadallas
     peoplesoftlist
     itlist
     ilom_alerts
     scan_results
     it_dns
     zmanda

Kyle A. Vernon
IT Systems and Storage Professional
NTT America
1950 N Stemmons Fwy, #2001
Dallas, TX  75207
214-800-7519 office
903-879-1360 cell

________________________________
This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free. Thank you.

This email message is intended for the use of the person to
whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is
confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this message in error, you are not
authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message
or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any
attachments. NTT America makes no warranty that this email is
error or virus free. Thank you.