[Mailman-Users] testing attachment-move custom handler

Sylvain Viart sylvain at opensource-expert.com
Tue Jun 3 09:56:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

Le 03/06/2014 06:18, Mark Sapiro a écrit :
> Of course it introduces storage and inode fillup…
> => Is there some cron or scheduled code available?
>
> To do what?

Purging old files.

I'm digging the way I should document the installation process. As this
Handler is suppose to introduce easiness, after this installation,
installing it is quite hard. So, I guess I should also provide a purge.
A single oneliner bash script may accomplish this goal.

> Note that if you are thinking about i18n from the point of view of
> your process being ultimately incorporated into the Mailman
> distribution, I think your use case is not of sufficient general
> interest to warrant that.

The purpose of attachment-move is to:

    Integrate remotely (server side) the behavior of hosting the
    attached file online (cloud hosting if you want). Mailman doesn't
    provide yet a /simple way/ to do that. But I found the behavior of
    the whole mailing list very powerful, but very complicated for basic
    user.

    User who knows how to attach a document, but certainly not how to
    upload it somewhere, and even know less how to link it back in the
    email. And even lesser the impact of sending this attachment to
    hundred or thousand peoples… No to speak about the headache of the
    administrator to keep is hosting delivering email…

Your advise about i18n are good thanks. My question was more about how
to translate part of the text inserted in the mail. As I use the Handler
for French an English on the same server…

Your indication seems to confirm, that integrating translation on an
external Handler seems hard enough to make it fail most list administrator.

By the way, your reply on gettext an make command is excellent, an would
probably help googling for such topic.
Given this information and also because of the text I use is so small, I
may pass it by the list configuration first.

mlist.translation_attachment_moved = 'Attachment available here:'

Of course if the list is multi-language it wont work. But it can be a
good start.

Thank you, for your valuable help.
Regards,
Sylvain.