[Mailman-Users] Mailman init script doesn't work and webpage doesn't show list of lists

Jimmy g17jimmy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 23:10:35 CEST 2014

I am upgrading a list server from an old Fedora system to a RHEL 6.5 server
and migration of mailman isn't going well. Mailman (on both systems) is
installed with the RH provided RPM (mailman-2.1.12-18.el6.x86_64)

The first issue on the new server is that the mailman init script does not
function, fails with this message "Starting mailman: Site list is missing:
mailman". I can manually run `bin/mailmanctl start` and the service seems
to start. Once the service is started I can get to the admin page and list
overview page but the page indicates that there are no publicly advertised
lists, even though all of the lists indicate "advertised = 1" in the dumpdb.

Here are some steps I've taken:

moved data/archive and mailman configs and Apache configs from old server
to new
updated URL's ./withlist -l -r fix_url list_name --urlhost=host2.domain.com
Checked all settings in Default.py and mm_cfg.py
updated /etc/aliases
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms -f
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_lists (displays the lists I migrated from the old
server)
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/dumpdb /var/lib/mailman/lists/list_name/config.pck
>~/list_name
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list -o list_name-conf (compared to old server
and everything looks in order)

If I create a newlist from the command line it is able to create the list
and sends me an email, but I am unable to create lists from the web
interface.

Any ideas?