[Mailman-Users] Mailman init script doesn't work and webpage doesn't show list of lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 12 20:55:41 CEST 2014

On 06/12/2014 05:51 AM, Jimmy wrote:
> Thanks to Mark and Steven, but it seems that the paths are consistent
> between servers. I just inherited the server and need to get it on a
> supported OS. Here is the old server info:

So you manually run '/some/path/to/bin/mailmanctl start' and it works,
but you run 'service mailman start' and it complains there's no site
list. Look at /etc/init.d/mailman and see what mailmanctl it's running.
It must be different from the one you run by hand. Once you find that,
it may clue you as to where your different lists/ and other directories are.