[Mailman-Users] Digests not sending?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 13 23:19:51 CEST 2014

On 06/13/2014 02:05 PM, Craig Gaevert wrote:
> Now however, in spite of what I am
> fairly sure are the correct settings, since nothing else changed,
> digests are not triggering on a daily basis. AFAICT, the setting
> Digest_Send_Periodic is set to ‘Yes’ but nothing happens. As I don’t
> have access to the logs, it is difficult for me to figure out what’s
> going on. I do have a support ticket in with Sonic but thought
> perhaps posting here might lead to a pointer as to what the issue
> might be and I can refer same to them. Thanks much.

The most likely explanation is that Mailman's cron/senddigests is not
being run or it is encountering some problem.

Their upgrade shouldn't have affected this, but they need to see that
there is a crontab (either system or user) to run Mailman's cron jobs
and that they aren't throwing exceptions or errors.

One issue with cron errors is that often they are mailed by default to
the crontab owner which is usually 'mailman' which in turn is usually
the site list which doesn't accept the 'non-member post' or if it does,
no one sees it.

The site list should always accept non-member posts and the site mailman
admin should be a member of the site list and receive them.