[Mailman-Users] Ignore DMARC bounces?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Jun 14 13:20:14 CEST 2014

Peter Shute writes:

 > It probably(?) can't hurt, but what's the point if each bounce
 > represents an undelivered message?

Each bounce is one bounce that takes a perfectly innocent user one
bounce closer to getting disabled or unsubscribed.  We need to do
something about this.  The easiest thing may be to simply ignore
bounces on messages from p=reject domains.

 > Isn't it better to modify the messages so they don't bounce?

Lots of people have different opinions on that.  Remember, the Author
Domain wants those messages bounced, that's what p=reject means.  A
lot of people think that policy should be respected.