[Mailman-Users] Ignore DMARC bounces?

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Sun Jun 15 01:46:52 CEST 2014

Sent from my iPad

> On 14 Jun 2014, at 10:42 pm, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
>
> My personal opinion is that these traditional changes are expected and
> desired by mailing list subscribers, and that posting from "p=reject"
> domains is thereby a violation of the policy of the "p=reject" domain,
> and places other subscribers at risk.  I think mailing lists should
> reject such posts (if the signature is valid), or silently discard
> them (if it is not).

In other words these members can receive only? That would have the desirable effect of encouraging them to get a new email address.

But from the member's perspective they're being asked to change something they've possibly had for many years, for a reason they don't fully understand, and which they may not even believe. After all, they can send ok to other recipients, so why not lists?

The end result might be to simply drive them away, so I'm in favour of getting their postings to the list somehow.

Peter Shute