[Mailman-Users] Ignore DMARC bounces?

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Mon Jun 16 21:57:31 CEST 2014

> On 17 Jun 2014, at 3:25 am, "Bryan Wright" <bryan.wright at rigaku.com> wrote:
>
> Could we not send the message out as usual, then on a p=reject bounce, forward the original message (so it comes from the mailing list) along with an explanation of what is transpiring to the bounced user, plus to the message author?  Maybe include a note suggesting the author change mail providers.  This way if the message author's domain causes 20 bounces, they get 20 messages letting them know they need to change mail providers.

I don't understand what you mean by "plus to the message author". Isn't the author the same person as the "bounced user"?

Do you mean the user whose server bounced it? If so, given that we can predict which messages are likely to bounce this way (but not which recipient servers), why not just forward (from the list) these messages to the whole list (including the author), along with the explanation and avoid the bouncing?

That way the author has the incentive of getting rid of these accompanying explanations to change addresses. I'd forward the messages quoted, not as attachments.

Peter Shute