[Mailman-Users] Membership Management PHP UI

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jun 17 03:18:41 CEST 2014

Peter Knowles writes:

 > I'm attempting to re-create the "Membership Management" using PHP. More
 > specifically, I want to be able to view, and modify all column data
 > associated with each subscriber in the same way the default Mailman UI does
 > (ex. Name, Email, MOD, Hide, Nomail, Ack, Not Metoo, NoDupes, Digest,
 > Plain, Language)

It shouldn't be hard to use the bin/list-members script as a skeleton
and add any information from Mailman/MemberAdaptor.py that you in
addition, and translate that to (eg) CSV output for use by your PHP
scripts.

OTOH, you might want to just go directly to Mailman 3, which has a
REST (over HTTP) interface for this information.  AFAIK for your use
case Mailman 3 is completely usable (what we're missing at the moment
is well-integrated totally sweet archiving and admin interfaces, but
you're obviously planning to provide the latter yourself and I bet you
already have 90% of the former for the same reasons).

The place to discuss the MM3 option is mailman-developers at python.org,
although several of us are here.  The folks who develop the admin and
archive interfaces are mostly not, and they may have interesting hints
about glitches and gotchas in the APIs you'll need to use..