[Mailman-Users] Disabling SELinux

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jun 18 18:51:29 CEST 2014

I thought I sent this but my MUA disagrees....

A user (one among many) writes:

 > Mark,
 > Good straw to grasp at. I thought SElinux had already been disabled but it
 > hadn't. It seems to be working now.

Do we have better advice than just "disable SELinux" to offer?

I ask because "solving" the DMARC "problem" seems to involve trust of
Mediators (the technical RFC term for middlemen like Mailman) by
Author Domains (RFC-ese for domains with DMARC policies about
verifying From:).  Asking upstream to trust sites which have
deliberately disabled security features seems like poor strategy at
best.

Note: reply-to set to Mailman-Developers.  Please follow up there.  If
you want to follow but not subscribe to MM-D, perhap the archives are
an option: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-developers%40python.org/.

Steve