[Mailman-Users] user configuration

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 19:05:37 CEST 2014

Am 06/21/2014 11:05 a.m., schrieb Richard Damon:
 > There are cases where YOUR mail transport or user agent might
 > eliminate/hide messages. GMail is well know to do this, it will
 > automatically remove extra copies of messages that it sees as
 > dupicate (by matching message ids). If there are lists where you
 > actually get your own message back or get duplicate copies then that
 > list is doing something non-standard to defeat the operation. The one
 > standard thing that can sort of do this is digests, as everyone on
 > digests gets the same digests, and they are unique messages so gmail
 > won't see them as duplicates.

Dear Richard,

many thanks for your answer. What is "digests"? I am a german and i
don't understand the translation for "digest".

May be, it is a process of manipulating the mail header? My question to
Mark was, what can i do to change the message-id? Is that, what you propose?

many greetings, willi
Panama City