[Mailman-Users] user configuration

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Jun 22 01:45:32 CEST 2014

willi uebelherr writes:

 > I think, Goggle use the mail-message-id. Is it possible in the mailman,
 > to change the message-id of the mail?

You don't want to do that.  Modern mail clients determine
relationships ("order of conversations") among messages which may have
similar subjects (or may not) by using the Message-Id.  If you change
it in Mailman, first of all the two messages will probably not appear
together in the thread because they appear to be independent
subthreads.  Second, anybody who receives a direct copy of the
original (including Bcc) will be placed in a different thread when
they reply from those who reply to the Mailman copy.

This will cause annoyance to your users with little benefit to
yourself, even as admin.