[Mailman-Users] Scrub_nondigest questions

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Mon Jun 23 02:21:22 CEST 2014

We're considering enabling the scrub_nondigest option for our list. The aim is to allow members to send jpg files to the list (currently filtered) and have mailman include a link to them in messages instead of the actual attachment. I've got a few questions about how this works.

I believe it will store the scrubbed images in the archives. We have archiving turned off. Do we need to turn them on to allow the images to be placed there, or will it happen anyway?

Once we have images stored in the archives, how easy is it for members to access them when they click on the links in the messages? Will they need a password to see them?

Will we be able to selectively delete images when our disk space begins to fill up? Or will they all be stored in a single archive file? We're using cpanel, if that matters.

If anyone who's using this option could forward me a message from their list with a linked image so I can check how well it works, that would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad