[Mailman-Users] "Mailman CGI error!!! Operation not permitted" - after upgrading Apache to 2.4

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Jun 25 17:32:19 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-25 16:59, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 06/25/2014 03:09 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> I've updated Apache to 2.4, and my mailman installation refuses to
>> work
>> with the following information:
>>
>>    Mailman CGI error!!!
>>    The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is
>> being stored in your syslog:
>>
>>    Operation not permitted
>

> What if anything is in the Apache error_log?

Absolutely nothing in Apache error_log.

I found the cause:

It works fine if I use apache2-mpm-prefork, but fails if I use
apache2-mpm-itk[1].

ITK lets you choose a user which executes any given vhost and I prefer
to run this version.

With older Apache version, Mailman was working fine with Apache-ITK.
Here, something's missing and doesn't work.

I'll try your other suggestions to see if I can get more information.

[1] http://mpm-itk.sesse.net/

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://www.sslrack.com