[Mailman-Users] A DMARC munging issue ... ?

Malcolm Austen malcolm.austen at weald.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 11:17:55 CEST 2014

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:50:51 +0100, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:

> Malcolm Austen writes:
>
>  > I did (before I had 2.1.18-1 available) toy with setting it high (c.9
> or
>  > 10) and setting bounce_info_stale_after down to 1 so that I could let
>  > aol/yahoo posts out in a burst on one day and then hold them for a
> couple
>  > of days to clear the bounce scores.
>
> Of course the people whose addresses bounce aren't receiving the
> messages.  That doesn't seem great, even if they don't get disabled/
> unsubscribed.

Indeed. I tried all sorts of 'sideways thinking' but only solved
side-effects, never the real problem.

I did run the list anonymous for a while but some people objected to my
requiring them (through emergency moderation) to include their name and
email address in their signatures!

= Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen at weald.org.uk>