[Mailman-Users] control delivery processes

Barry S. Finkel bsfinkel at att.net
Mon Mar 3 22:51:19 CET 2014

On 3/3/2014 3:25 PM, DongInn Kim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to send a mail after it is archived and then add the archive link to the new mail?
>
> Currently it seems to be pretty difficult to implement this because all the new mails are delivered first and then mail archives are generated.
>
> As long as I know how mailman sends a mail, I think I can play a little bit further.
>
> Can anyone please help me out?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> - DongInn

It is unclear to me exactly what you want to do.  If the list has
an archive, then after the posting is processed, that posting
appears in the archives, where people can search and view the
posting (assuming that they present the correct credentials,
if required).

Once a mail message has been sent and it is in the archives, then
any subsequent mail message can include the URL to the archived
message as a reference.

--Barry Finkel