[Mailman-Users] Sending "password reminder" emails.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 5 22:43:53 CET 2014

On 03/05/2014 11:03 AM, Richard wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have more than once wished I could send out password reminder emails
> to either individuals or an entire list. However, I haven't found a way
> to do that yet. How can I do this, please?

As Barry F. notes, you can run Mailman's

 cron/mailpasswds -l LISTNAME

to send reminders for LISTNAME, but this will only send the reminders
for LISTNAME if LISTNAME's send_reminders setting is Yes and will only
send them to those members who haven't opted out of reminders via the
"Get password reminder email for this list?" setting on their user
options page.

To send a reminder to user at example.com, go to a URL like
<http://mailman.host/mailman/options/LISTNAME/user@example.com> and
click the Remind button.