[Mailman-Users] Why does iOS's Safari log out the moderator web page?

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Sat Mar 8 19:25:37 CET 2014

In case anyone's interested, I've "solved" this problem of Safari, etc, letting the cookie expire and logging out of the moderator page on the iPad by installing LastPass Tab. This is a password manager and, because of iOS restrictions that prevent an app from entering a password for another app like Safari, it contains its own browser.

I have saved a bookmark for my moderator page and edited it to save the password. Unfortunately the app needs to be logged in to access that password, which is stored in the cloud, and regularly logs itself out (and closes the web page), but it does allow me to save its own password, so a couple of taps get me back into the page.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad