[Mailman-Users] Problem with missing text

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 11 03:21:25 CET 2014

On 03/10/2014 12:27 PM, sherwin wrote:
> Hello,
>

> As administrator for the Midfex forum on Ibiblio, I am having a problem
> with a user
> who posts messages that result in no text appearing on the final
> message.  I do see
> the text in the moderated request sent to me.  Here is the message he is
> sending.
> Note that this request for confirmation from Ibiblio contains the text,
> but after
> approving the message, it is no longer present.

The message you included below is exactly what we would want to see,
i.e. the complete raw message of a held message notification to the list
admin.

Unfortunately, it appears to be the wrong held message notification. It
is a notification of your list post

> Subject: [Bulk] Status of Empty Messages
>
> Hi All,
>
> You may have seen a few empty messages recently posted.  This
> happened before last January.  So far, only two users are having
> this problem.  I am investigating this issue and hopefully will find
> some resolution.  In the meantime, you may see a few test messages
> appearing that you can ignore.
>
>                              Sherwin Dubren
>                              Midfex Forum Administrator

I am guessing that this is not the message that resulted in an "empty"
message being delivered to the list.