[Mailman-Users] Notifications sent to main server domain instead of site domain

Chad Crowell chadcrowell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:08:45 CET 2014

I have some mailing lists running on a site hosted at Liquidweb. We are on a CentOS VPS with WHM, cPanel and Mailman. The lists are working fine other than the messages that should be sent to the list owner and moderator aren’t going to the right address according to the WHM email logs.

The hostname for the server is www.cfwebserver.com. This is just used for DNS, nameservers, etc. The site where the mailing lists are located is pack186.com. I have the list administrator and moderator fields populated with my email address. I have the “Host name this list prefers for email” set to pack186.com. People post to the list which are listname at pack186.com and it works. However when something is moderated, the sender is
mailman-bounces at www.cfwebserver.com and the recipient is mailman-owner at www.cfwebserver.com. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing that would set this correctly in mailman? Is this more likely a server email config setting?

--
Chad