[Mailman-Users] add mailto: link to the bottom of each posting

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Mar 14 04:29:29 CET 2014

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > text by default, you couldn't add it as an anchor tag. You would just
 > have to add something like
 >
 > <mailto:listname at my.domain?subject="subject of the message being read">
 >
 > and hope that the user's MUA would render that as a clickable link.

This still helps a lot because most users will be able to cut and
paste.  If the message content-type is "text/plain", I think this is
an excellent approach.

 > There are two digest formats, MIME and plain. In the plain digest, all
 > the messages are concatenated in a single plain text digest. There do
 > exist digest exploders for some MUAs that will break the digest into
 > individual messages.

Note that the plain digest format is a very old standard (RFCs 934,
1153), and should be implemented by MUAs.  Unfortunately there's not
much you can do if they don't (Gmail is especially cantankerous about
requests to fix its insane behavior).  OTOH, it's not clear to me why
you would want to use plain (RFC 934) digests nowadays.