[Mailman-Users] Notifications sent to main server domain instead of site domain

Chad Crowell chadcrowell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:04:14 CET 2014

Thanks Mark. I do have shell access so went in to give it a try. I found this https://forums.cpanel.net/f5/how-fix-mailman-url-after-transfer-change-hostname-107593.html and tried it, and it worked. Thanks for the direction.
--
Chad

On March 13, 2014 at 8:41:19 AM, Mark Sapiro (mark at msapiro.net) wrote:

On 03/12/2014 09:08 AM, Chad Crowell wrote:
> ... cPanel and Mailman. ...
>
> The hostname for the server is www.cfwebserver.com. This is just used for DNS, nameservers, etc. The site where the mailing lists are located is pack186.com. I have the list administrator and moderator fields populated with my email address. I have the “Host name this list prefers for email” set to pack186.com. People post to the list which are listname at pack186.com and it works. However when something is moderated, the sender is
> mailman-bounces at www.cfwebserver.com and the recipient is mailman-owner at www.cfwebserver.com. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing that would set this correctly in mailman? Is this more likely a server email config setting?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+CPanel>.

If this were a standard GNU Mailman installation, I would say fix_url
can fix this (See <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>).

cPanel Mailman has its own cPanel list creation process that "should"
set things up properly when a list is created in the pack186.com domain.
I can't say why that didn't happen here unless the list was created by
some means other than cPanel's process. At this point, the admins of the
host installation can probably fix this with fix_url, but there's
probably nothing you as a list owner can do unless you have shell access
to the Mailman installation on the server.