[Mailman-Users] Messages addressed to Mailman lists are systematically diverted to predefined default email account

Jacques Setton jsetton at waycast.com
Fri Mar 21 00:54:23 CET 2014

MEMO RESENT with minor corrections
-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jacques Setton [mailto:jsetton at waycast.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 21 mars 2014 00:26
À : 'Mark Sapiro'
Cc : 'mailman-users at python.org'
Objet : RE: [Mailman-Users] Messages addressed to Mailman lists are
systematically diverted to predefined default email account

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your appreciated comments to which I responded individually :
see the embedded annotations further below...

I did modify some of the parameters you  highlighted. Unfortunately, at best
the previously observed problem still persists despite the modifications
made. In other instances, some modifications cause the alteration of
Postfix' operation which results in a non-delivery of all emails...

To further investigate the issue, I have decided to use two separate domains
attached to same VPS machine as follows :

1) 'domain.info' for incoming & outgoing messages addressed to and from
mails solely related to Mailman lists.

2) 'domain.net' for all non-Mailman lists incoming & outgoing regular
messages.

The test results show - see the 1st attachment - that all messages addressed
to Mailman accounts (like testlist at domain.info and
testlist-request at domain.info )  are systematically diverted to the
previously specified default account admin at domain.fr . Whereas messages
addressed to standard email accounts (for ex. admin-lists at domain.net ) get
through without any problem...

In conclusion, it turns out that even domain differentiation does not solve
the problem. It thus seems as if  Plesk's supervision of Postfix does not
cope well with the standard operation Mailman's lists.

This is very puzzling as Parallels claims that Mailman is officially
supported by Plesk V10+ . On such configured systems, Mailman is even
activated directly from Plesk's Control Pannel - see their Manual section
about this in the second attachment.

So my ultimate question will simply be : has anyone ever succeeded in
adequately deploying Mailman over a Plesk-based Linux server ? If this is
the case, I would invite anyone who has done it before to let us know how
they managed to make it work as expected.

Many thanks in advance for your and others help on this, as I have spent an
enormous amount of time trying to resolve the case without any success so
far...

Kind regards,

 Jacques Setton
 jsetton at waycast.com