[Mailman-Users] Unable to remove invalid e-mail address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 22 19:32:51 CET 2014

On 03/22/2014 10:20 AM, Tim H. wrote:
> Somehow an e-mail address with the below form was subscribed to one of
> my lists:
>
> "user at domain.tld /"
>
> The e-mail address does not show up in the web interface, nor does it
> show in "list_members", "find_members", or "list_members -i".
> I found this e-mail address because 'disabled' reports it as
> "Mailman.Errors.NotAMemberError" every morning :/

I suspect what's really happening is the address "user at domain.tld /" is
not a member, i.e. it is not in either of the list's 'members' or
'digest_members' dictionaries, but it does have bounce_info. If this is
the case, the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/fix_bad_bounce_info.py> should fix it,
and if this is not the case, running the script will do no harm.

Copy the script to Mailman's bin/ directory and run it per the
instructions at the beginning.

If this does not fix the problem, report everything related to this
address in the output from the dumpdb of the config.pck.