[Mailman-Users] building a new mailman server

Bruce Harrison harrison at utm.edu
Thu Mar 27 22:40:00 CET 2014

Thanks to all who replied.  Since I've used sendmail and have limited experience with it, I decided to go with that.  Less variables in the mix!  :)

Anyway, proceeded with the install and got to make install, which failed with Permission denied for the mkdir commands.
I'm running from a non-root userid who has a membership in the mailman group.  The directory /usr/local/mailman has rws privs for the mailman group (but is owned by root).  Do I need to do a sudo make install or am I missing some type of privilege setting?

Bruce
UTM