[Mailman-Users] Mailman error (2.1.16): "low level unrecoverable exception"

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu May 1 19:06:53 CEST 2014

At Thu, 01 May 2014 08:31:05 -0700 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 05/01/2014 08:21 AM, Robert Heller wrote:
> > At Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:34:51 -0700 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Did you totally remove the Centos package or try to 'upgrade' it. The
> >> latter is not at all straightforward. See the FAQ at
> >> <http://wiki.list.org/x/KYCB>.
> >
> > That page relates to upgrading from 2.1.5-20 or earlier.  I was upgrading from
> > 2.1.9, so that does not apply (?).
>

> That FAQ and the mailman-developers post linked from it explain changed
> in the RedHat/CentOS package beginning with 2.1.15 that render it
> impossible to do a straightforward configure/install of a GNU Mailman
> source distribution on top of an existing RedHat/CentOS package.
>

> > Ok, I did an explict stop of mailman, removed the old rpm (rpm -e) and then a
> > fresh install of the new version, started mailman, and after some minor config
> > tweaks, it seems to be working.
>

> Good.

I also found a *fatal* error in Tagger.py at line 74:

May 01 10:50:39 2014 (17899) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 119, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 190, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 130, in _dispose
    more = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 153, in _dopipeline
    sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Tagger.py", line 74, in process
    mlist, msg, msgdata, Delete=False)
TypeError: change_header() got an unexpected keyword argument 'Delete'

I deleted the ', Delete=False' from the change_header parameter list and
removed Tagger.pyc and Tagger.pyo (forcing the use of the uncompiled code) as
a short term temp fix (so that mail will go through). I *presume* that this is
fixed in 2.1.18 and when that comes out (I understand it is due out "Real Soon
Now"(tm)).

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com