[Mailman-Users] 2.1.18 internal documentation suggestions

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri May 2 12:19:03 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > On 05/01/2014 09:33 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > Mark Sapiro writes:
 > >
 > >  > The transformations for anonymous_list are applied before any of these
 > >  > actions, so if actions other than No are applied on an anonymous list,
 > >  > they will apply to the anonymized message.
 > >
 > > This may be confusing?
 >
 > How about "... if actions other than No are applied on an anonymous
 > list, they will be redundant."

You already said that above, so it won't hurt to say it here too.  But
what I'm worried about (which was not clear, sorry!) is that if
somebody *does* turn one of these options on, the behavior they
observe will be confusing.  Ie, I wonder if

    It is probably *not* useful to apply these options to an anonymous
    list, and if you do need to do so, the result may be surprising.

isn't the most accurate statement of affairs.

Steve