[Mailman-Users] new users added to custom MemberAdaptor don't get emails

Viktor Dick ubuntu at fachschaft.physik.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri May 2 17:07:44 CEST 2014

Hi folks,
I have a setup where lists are not open to be joined by anyone but are
managed by an LDAP database. The database is queried once an hour and
the members of each list are written to a file which is then read in
whenever anything is posted to a list.

My problem is that newly added members seem not to be recognized until I
reboot the server. The strange part is that executing
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members gives the correct entries including
any newly added members while no actual mails are sent to the new
members (they don't receive the mails and there are no entries in
/var/log/mail.log) until I reboot the server.

I am guessing that the ldap part should be correct since list_members
shows the correct entries. I am attaching the files
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/FileMemberships.py and
/var/lib/mailman/lists/testlist/extend.py, which should contain all the
relevant information. If anyone is also interested in the part that
polls the LDAP server, the whole code can be found at
http://ldapsync.sourceforge.net/

Any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Viktor