[Mailman-Users] Add PayPal to DNs publishing DMARC p=reject

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon May 5 08:47:59 CEST 2014

Lindsay Haisley writes:

 > $ dig +short -t txt _dmarc.paypal.com
 > "v=DMARC1\; p=reject\; rua=mailto:d at rua.agari.com\; ruf=mailto:dk at bounce.paypal.com,mailto:d at ruf.agari.com"
 >
 > This probably is a problem of lesser magnitude than Yahoo! and AOL

FWIW, I don't consider it a "problem" at all (most definitely YMMV, of
course).  I think this is what DMARC *should* be used for.

My interpretation is that this is a particular author (a corporate
one) allowing her MTA to digitally sign "her" mail, and soliciting the
help of "email for those who can't implement Diffie-Hellman off the
top of their heads" email providers' MTAs in the effort to protect the
author's customers from 3rd party fraud.

I don't know what "paypal-inc.com" is for, so I can't speak to that
one.

Steve