[Mailman-Users] Changes to archive templates have no effect

Henrik Rasmussen her at adm.ku.dk
Tue May 6 11:04:34 CEST 2014

I am running Mailman version 2.1.12.

When I change my templates in /usr/lib/mailman/templates/site/da/ (like admlogin.html) I see the changes taking effect (immediately, even though I didn't restart Mailman), but any changes I make to the Archive templates located in the same directory doesn't seem to have any effect.

According to /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py line 799 Mailman uses archtoc.html in case of a Private list or archtocnombox.html in case of a public list. The changes doesn't take effect regardless of whether the list is private or public. But I'm not sure if this the decision is made from the default (PUBLIC_MBOX) variable in the mm_cfg.py or Default.py files since the HyperArch.py file refers to the mm_cfg.

To debug, I tried make a change in the default /usr/lib/mailman/templates/da/ archtoc.html file, but this does not have any effect either.

Changing the archliststart.html, archlistend.html, archtocentry.html, archidxfoot.html, archidxhead.html have no effect either.

I did remember to restart Mailman both (just in case) using "service mailman restart" and "mailmanctl restart".

Henrik Rasmussen <her at adm.ku.dk>