[Mailman-Users] Who authored the message?

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue May 20 01:49:03 CEST 2014

>>> From: yahoousername-AT-yahoo.com at mydomain.com

>> Under the current unpleasant circumstances, it's not much worse than
>> any other, give or take what you do with the replies.  Do you forward
>> them back to the original user?  Reject with a mysterious failure
>> code?  Discard them?
>
>Thank you for your feedback.  I'm most inclined to handle replies based
>on the needs of the particular list. ...

No, I mean what will you do when people respond to your synthesized
names?  At some point you'll get mail at the server for mydomain.com
for yahoousername-AT-yahoo.com at mydomain.com.  What will you do with it?

One of the reasons I did the .invalid hack (which you can do with
essentially the same code you're using) is that it's clear that the
address isn't deliverable so there's no question of what happens to it.

R's,
John