[Mailman-Users] multiple mailing list passwords

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Thu May 29 23:32:42 CEST 2014

Tanstaafl wrote:

> > You had two rounds to figure out what he was asking for,
> and missed it
> > twice.
>
> No, I didn't miss it, I didn't understand that *he* didn't
> understand...
>
> > Then you tell him he "doesn't understand totally how it works." I
> > really*was* puzzled as to how you could think the system
> you described
> > met his requirements.
>
> It *does*... now who is missing what?

I think the misundersstanding comes from the use of the word "account" to describe passwordmaker's sets of URLS/credentials, as explained by Charles at the bottom of his email before last. I expect that's passwordmaker's terminology.

Easy to understand how the misunderstanding arose, and how it escalated. I was initially confused too. If it works for Charles then it should work for anyone.

Peter Shute