[Mailman-Users] Archive not woring on Debian install

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 4 19:37:04 CET 2014

On 11/04/2014 12:24 AM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

> I am new to mailman (as a site admin) and I cannot find out how to get
> the archive running on my debian/postfix/mailman installation.
>
> The list works fine, but it seems that no crontab is working.

Your cron jobs are probably mailing their error output to 'mailman'
which is the site list which probably doesn't accept the posts.

You need to either configure the 'mailman' site list to accept all posts
(in particular set generic_nonmember_action to Accept) and subscribe
yourself to the list, or add MAILTO=your_address to Mailman's crontab or
both.

> If I try to manually sudo -u list /usr/lib/mailman/cron/mailpasswds is
> sends no password reminder.

Does it produce any output? If so, what? If not, are the lists'
send_reminders settings Yes and are the members' "Get password reminder
email for this list?" settings Yes?

> I must be forgetting something very obvious, But I can't see what it is.

It may be a permissions issue. try

sudo /usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms -f

Otherwise, what's in Mailman's 'error' log?