[Mailman-Users] Spamassassin content preview ending up posted to list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 6 01:39:24 CET 2014

On 11/05/2014 01:03 PM, Peter Shute wrote:

> Looking at the original message in the moderation alert email, it looks ok to me, but I can see that the dot has been dropped in the content preview in the X-Ham-Report header which I think spamassassin has inserted. This header has multiple lines, including blank lines, and I'm wondering if it's confusing mailman.

So, if I understand correctly, the missing dot is only in an
X-Ham-Report header. Was this header correct in the moderation notice?

Or are you saying that the dot was present in the body of the message in
the held message notice, but not in the body of the delivered message?

It would help if you could post the entire RAW message that was attached
to the held message notice (address obfuscation OK) and point out how
this differs from the message delivered to the list.

In any case, Mailman (actually the underlying Python library) might
possibly unfold and refold the X-Ham-Report header, but other than that,
it should be untouched and have no effect on Mailman.

Is it possible that the original message in the held notice was
multipart/alternative with text/plain and text/html alternatives, and
you saw the text/html alternative which was correct, but this was
removed by Mailman's content filtering collapse_alternatives leaving the
text/plain part which wasn't? If that's the case, blame the user's MUA
(if it's Yahoo, it's almost certainly the culprit).