[Mailman-Users] Custom contact address, not site admin

Henrik Rasmussen her at adm.ku.dk
Fri Nov 28 12:54:46 CET 2014

Some standard mails from Mailman, like "bounce action notice", urges the user to contact the Mailman site-list address*). While I still want system mails, meant for the site admin, to go to the site admin address, I would like to customize the contact address displayed in mails and on the web GUI, to show our helpdesk e-mail address instead.

Normally I would edit the file /usr/lib/mailman/messages/uk/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po and run /usr/lib/mailman/bin/msgfmt.py /usr/lib/mailman/messages/da/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po, but not all messages can be customized this way.

What is the best way to customize the site admin contact address in each e-mail and web-gui page, to display our helpdesk contact address?

*) Example of standard mail from Mailman: "Questions? Contact the Mailman site administrator at mailman at list.example.com<mailto:mailman at list.example.com>."

Henrik Rasmussen