[Mailman-Users] Requesting Mailman admin pages with different server domains

Sascha Rissel mailman at rissel.it
Fri Oct 3 00:34:07 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am running several Mailman lists on a vServer, where the admin pages are
called via
http://lists.<vServerID>.<vserverhost>.de/mailman/admin/<listname>
All is running fine, with this domain configuration.

The server is maintained by Plesk 12.
Now I configured a nice own domain, like: <mydomain>.de
And I setup an Apache Virtual Host with (among other settings):
ServerName lists
ServerAlias lists.*
ScriptAlias "/mailman/" "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/"
ScriptAlias "/cgi-bin/mailman/" "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/"
which allows to call the lists admin pages via
http://lists.<mydomain>.de/mailman/admin/<listname>.

At first instance, this works.
But once I click on any link within Mailman's admin interface, the pages
are requested via the previous (not so nice) URL
http://*lists.<vServerID>.<vserverhost>*.de/cgi-bin/mailman/...

How can I avoid generating these kinds of URLs? This also means,
authentication cookies are not valid, since the domain changes.
I'd like to keep the URL's domain structure I initially called the admin
interface with, i.e.
http://lists.<mydomain>.de/...

It's like Mailman is creating absolute URLs, instead of just relative ones!?

In advance, thanks for your help!
Sascha.