[Mailman-Users] Email formatting

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Oct 10 19:30:43 CEST 2014

Shannon Doane writes:

 > I wouldn't have thought simple line breaks would have been that
 > difficult to translate from html to plain text.

It isn't, and in cases where the list supports it and *only* the
text/html part is present (ie, no text/plain alternative part),
Mailman delegates to an external program (usually Lynx) which does a
good job.

I don't know why Yahoo! does it so poorly.  Normally it makes sense to
use the originating MUA's text/plain version if available (faster and
more likely to reflect the author's preference for HTML constructs
that can't be represented in plain text easily).

Friends-don't-let-friends-use-Yahoo!-mail-ly y'rs,