[Mailman-Users] Mailman is being a processor sponge.... very slow delivery...

Ecklund, Morgan Morgan.Ecklund at state.vt.us
Tue Sep 2 23:32:14 CEST 2014

Thanks So much Stephen,
I just wanted make sure I got this in writing.
And document what I had to do to fix the loop you found (more savy folks may have done it faster)
I tried to use a text editor, but of course it did not (could not lock the file)
Tried to create the change_owner script and use withlist, as advised be Mark Shapiro, but would not run Change_owner module not loaded... but that is what I was telling it to load.
So I got a wild hair.
I stopped mailman service.
I could then go into the mailman list UI.
I changed the owner to a physical account.
Restarted mailman..
Qrunner was still pegged at 99%
Stopped it again.
Went into the UI again (had to wait a minute for the qrunner to spin down) went to tend to moderated items
Checked "discard all messages marked defer"
 Restarted
Mailman is no longer absorbent
Thanks Again!
Morgan