[Mailman-Users] List suddenly stopped adding footers.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Sep 3 03:45:59 CEST 2014

Kevin T. Likes writes:

 > I have a user-managed list that suddenly stopped adding the footer
 > to messages. It appears that after the time footers stopped being
 > added, I started seeing links for scrubbed attachments to messages.

The footer is set in the "Non-digest Settings" screen.  It's
theoretically possible that scrubbing attachments could interfere with
adding the footer, or perhaps for some reason it is being added
outside of the MIME structure and your mail client doesn't display it
(this is proper behavior for the client, but given the complexity of
MIME I am reluctant to call it a bug in Mailman).  If your client has
a "show original" function to show the message without any formatting,
you can check for this condition by using "show original" and
scrolling to the bottom.

Scrubbing is configured in the "Content Filtering" screen.  You can
scrub by MIME type or by filename extension.  There is a standard list
of things to scrub (.com, .bat, .exe, ...) because of the high
probability that such attachments are malicious

Check for changes in those settings.

What does the user-manager say?  If the user-manager isn't being
helpful, I would hesitate to trust them with list management in the
first place.  YMMV, of course.

Steve