[Mailman-Users] bounce processing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 3 22:35:09 CEST 2014

On 09/03/2014 11:34 AM, Andrew Watson wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
> The version is 2.1.10
> I enabled the subscriber at the administrative interface under Member
> Management under Membership List (I unchecked the nomail box, which had
> a [B] next to it).
> I dont think I have a non-standard MemberAdaptor, since I don't know
> what that is.

What you did should have removed the bounce info for the user assuming
that the page refreshed with the nomail box unchecked after you pressed
"Submit Your Changes". It should work in your version with the standard
OldStyleMemberships.py MemberAdaptor. If by chance you are using the
MysqlMemberships.py MemberAdaptor, there is in issue with Mailman 2.1.10
(fixed in 2.1.11) that could cause it to fail.

> If this is a onetime curiosity, i don't want either of us to spend too
> much time on it.
> But if it is going to recur, then I need to fix.

It appears to be a "one time" glitch unless you are using the
MysqlMemberships.py MemberAdaptor to store list membership info in a
MySQL database.