[Mailman-Users] List suddenly stopped adding footers.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Sep 4 01:08:15 CEST 2014

Kevin T. Likes writes:

 > I've been checking the messages in the list archive,

Mark addressed this already, but let me add that copying of messages
to the archive happens before adding the header and footer material.

I believe that aside from space saving (both disk and visual space on
the user's display), a primary motivation is to avoid publishing links
to personal pages in the archive.

 > filter_content is set to no,

I don't think this is consistent with scrubbed attachments.  Mark?

 > collapse_alternatives is yes. According to the
 > manager the only change they made was a few months ago when we turned on
 > "Mung from" due to DKIM issues. But this problem didn't crop up until
 > recently, from what I can tell in the archives.

I don't think you can tell from the web archives.  You need somebody
who keeps all the posts in their MUA to take a look.  N.B.  GMail is
somewhat broken for this purpose -- it *always* discards the user's
own posts when received via the list, giving precedence to the copy in
the Sent folder, so the user's own posts will not show any edits or
additions that the list makes.