[Mailman-Users] Mail transport postfix with dovecot and virtual domains

Roland Miyamoto roland.miyamoto at gmx.net
Thu Apr 2 10:24:00 CEST 2015

Thanks, Mark,

You are amazing!

On 02/04/15 02:15, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

Oh dummy me!
And I always wondered how the virtual mail can get forwarded from local
to mailman. You have explained everything in one line.
However, with

  POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual_to_transport'

it still does not work. Therefore I am going back to old
  /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db
generated automatically by genaliases.
And everything is working fine now.
So it seems that

http://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20-%20Postfix%20integration%20with%20Mailman%20generated%20transport%20or%20other%20maps

is not necessary for "virtual_transport=dovecot". (?)

> Presumably, that reference is to
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg62067.html>.
> If you are going to refer to an archived message, please give a complete
> URL.

I will keep that in mind for future requests.
Wanted to be short but now realize that complete URLs are easier to find
and click for others.

> I have updated the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/10715238>
> to hopefully make this more clear.

Maybe a hint in

  http://list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html

that "alias_maps = ..., hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases"
is still needed for virtual domains would be a helper for dummies like me.
I would also offer to send my now working setup (including mm_cfg.py) to
this list for others that stumble like me.

  Thanks again so much Mark!

    Roland