[Mailman-Users] Templates

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 4 18:38:04 CEST 2015

On 04/04/2015 09:24 AM, JB wrote:
> Well that kind of sucks.  It would be pretty difficult (with my limited python knowledge) to edit that code so that it generate a page skinned to each client's web site.  I really think this is the one glaring weakness with MM.  Not trying in any way what-so-ever to kick your cat by say that so please do not take it that way.    It is just hard to create a professional site design utilizing MM when a number of pages are tied to that plain vanilla look and feel.  MM would be such a far superior product if all of the pages were skinnable to match the look and feel of the client's site.

Mailman 2.1 is quite old and really end of life. Mailman 3 will change
all this. There is a completely new web UI, Postorius, based on the
Django web framework, and the web UI is separate from the core, so you
can also create your own if you prefer without changing the core mail
list engine at all.

We hope to be releasing a production ready Mailman 3.0 after the
upcoming PyCon.