[Mailman-Users] What would your dream Mailman web interface look like?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Apr 8 20:29:43 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 02:31:50AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  > The Justice Department has already said that the web is a place of
>  > public accommodation, and the ADA applies.  It is only a matter of
>  > time before they issue specific regulations.  So, in the near
>  > future, anyone producing publicly facing web sites will need to do
>  > this!
>
> No, they won't -- they can always shut down.  And I suspect that's
> exactly what will happen to most volunteer sites if they try to apply
> the ADA standards to them.  I can't be happy about that.  I live in
> Japan, and I assure you that public policies that equalize benefits by
> reducing the average suck -- especially for the less-well-off.

Apropos to that, the US DoJ doesn't really have much effect in
jurisdictions outside of the US. I do wish we wouldn't be so
parochial.

> Really, you accessibility advocates should be looking for
> opportunities to organize this kind of effort.

+1

> A few real lists are running with Mailman 3 + Postorius +
> HyperKitty already, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple of demo
> sites.

At least one has been posted to one of the lists; possibly
-developers.

--
"Get me a beer. I don't care what kind it is, just get me a beer!"
    -- Duke of Edinburgh, on being offered the finest Italian wines by