[Mailman-Users] Issue with postfix-to-mailman.py (Command died with status 127)

Matthieu Berjon matthieu at berjon.net
Sun Apr 19 11:30:37 CEST 2015

Hello to all,

I met an issue in trying to set up Mailman. Here is the error message I
get from postfix:

	Command died with status 127:
     		"/usr/local/mailman/postfix-to-mailman.py". Command
		output: env: python: No such file or directory

I have a working postfix server running (at least, that's what I believe
as emails for user account works). When I sent a message a message to
the list, postfix seems to manage correctly the email and doesn't
complain about it.

My guess is that I probably missed something obvious or didn't
understand something in the configuration.

What I'm using:

- FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p6
- Postfix 2.11.4,1
- Mailman 2.1.20

Here some outputs that maybe would help.

postconf -n

alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
data_directory = /var/db/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
debugger_command = PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin ddd
$daemon_directory/$process_name $process_id & sleep 5
home_mailbox = Maildir/
html_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
inet_protocols = ipv4
mail_owner = postfix
mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1
mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
mydomain = earswideopen.net
myhostname = smtp.earswideopen.net
mynetworks_style = host
myorigin = $mydomain
newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
recipient_delimiter = +
relay_domains = lists.earswideopen.net
sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = maildrop
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
soft_bounce = no
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

/etc/postfix/master.cf

smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=FR user=mailman:mailman
argv=/usr/local/mailman/postfix-to-mailman.py
   ${nexthop} ${user}

/usr/local/mailman/postfix-to-mailman.py

# Configuration variables - Change these for your site if necessary.
MailmanHome = "/usr/local/mailman"; # Mailman home directory.
MailmanOwner = "postmaster at earswideopen.net"; # Postmaster and abuse
mail recipient.

By the way, this file belongs to mailman:mailman

I'm quite lost on this error and didn't find any information about this
kind of issue lately. If someone has some ideas, that would be much
appreciated. If I forgot to mention something or if you need any more
clarification, please ask, I will be more than happy to help.

Have a great Sunday,

--
Matt