[Mailman-Users] Somebody could not subscribe to pypy-dev at python.org

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Apr 23 07:11:24 CEST 2015

Laura Creighton writes:

 > Maybe at the point where we mention 'you must have cookies enabled'
 > we should mention that load balancers can cause problems?

I don't think nontechnical users will know what "load balancer" means.
By now most users either know about cookies because they've disabled
them, or they have them enabled by default.  But load balancers are
designed to be transparent to ordinary users.  We should direct them
to their network administrators, along with an appropriate shortURL to
our site for the admin's benefit.