[Mailman-Users] Help: Api for remove list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 28 18:17:11 CEST 2015

On 04/28/2015 08:25 AM, Selva Gaja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can remove a mailman list from this terminal command > * rmlist -a
> listname*
>
> Is there any API for removing the Mailman List.

It depends what you mean by API. There is the command you show above,
and there are the underlying things that rmlist does, but I suspect you
want to know if there is a way to remove a list from Mailman's GUI.

If you set

OWNERS_CAN_DELETE_THEIR_OWN_LISTS = Yes

in mm_cfg.py, every page in Mailman's admin GUI will have a "Delete this
mailing list (requires confirmation)" link under "Other Administrative
Activities". Without this setting, the link is not there and attempts to
remove a list via the http(s)://example.com/mailman/rmlist/LISTNAME CGI
will fail.